[Mailman-Users] confirmation messages are rejected

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jun 8 03:46:45 CEST 2009

Allan Hansen wrote:

>Yes, the confirmation was submitted on the same day it was created.
>No, the address change had not happened when the user got the message.
>I also checked the system date on the server and it is correct.

Did you verify that the address change has not happened?

I know you say "the address change had not happened when the user got
the message", but how do you know? did you verify that the old address
was still on the admin Membership List and the new was not?

If you have command-line access to the server, the script at
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_pending> will list the pending
requests, and may help you see what's there. I don't think it's
possible that the request didn't actually get pended if the
confirmation was sent, but you can look.