[Mailman-Users] Outlook Indenting messages

Barry Finkel b19141 at anl.gov
Tue Jul 28 17:31:23 CEST 2009

>"Gerrat Rickert" <grickert at coldstorage.com> wrote:
>
>The twisted python mailing list is running on:
>"unmodified mailman 1:2.1.9-9ubuntu1 install", and the
>Tahoe list is using: "2.1.9-4ubuntu1"
>
>Could this be an ubuntu-specific issue?

I have not included the initial part of this thread, as my reply
is "generic".  I have looked at Debian/Ubuntu packaging, and there
are a large number of patches included in any Debian/Ubuntu Mailman
package.  There are fewer for 2.1.12 than for previous releases.

A 2.1.9 package has 43 patches.  A 2.1.5 package has 47 patches.
When I was building my own Ubuntu package from the SourceForge source,
I looked at each one of these patches.  Most were undocumented; there
was no reference to a Debian/Ubuntu bug number.
The only one I kept was one that placed files in the "proper"
directories for Ubuntu.  When I looked at three security patches, I
found that two matched the SourceForge code, but one differed.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov