[Mailman-Users] Outlook Indenting messages

Gerrat Rickert grickert at coldstorage.com
Mon Jul 27 17:22:15 CEST 2009

Protocols
>>based.   Senthil Kumaran
>>
>>and the posting MUA in that case was Mutt.
>>
>>Also see
>><http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/glyph-discuss/2009-May/thread.html
>
>>where the only two posts (spam) are both indented to level 1.
>>
>>Does this occur only on twistedmatrix.com lists? There is clearly
>>something wrong with the archiving process on that site, but I can't
>>duplicate it in a stock 2.1.9 environment.
>

>Thanks for your detailed investigation, Mark.
>I may have misremembered how a previous posting of mine was
mis-indented
>(...postings were from a few years back, and it may have just been that
>my replies were shown at the top level instead of indented - I believe
>this may have been an old bug with Outlook specifically).
>
>I don't have any other examples from other mailing lists, so let's
>assume it's just the twistedmatrix.com list for now.
>I'll forward this thread to their mailing list administrator to
>investigate.
>
>Thanks again for your help.
>Regards,
>	Gerrat

I have (a little) more info about this now, Mark (another list that this

type of thing is happening on).

This was a posting on the twisted-python mailing list (on which I had
the
indentation issue):

>I was reminded of this thread when I came across what appears to be the

>same bug on the Tahoe list:
>
>  http://allmydata.org/pipermail/tahoe-dev/2009-July/thread.html
>
>Notice multiple posts in threads they don't look like they belong to,
as
>well as many threads which have nonsensical levels of indentation.
>
>I'm not sure if anyone ever answered your question about twisted-
>python's mailman installation being "stock" or not.  If not, then I
>think I can confirm that it is.  There is also no configuration that
>would alter this behavior, as far as I know.  We've probably set a few
>options via the admin interface, but I don't think any of those should
>affect this behavior.
>
>Jean-Paul

The twisted python mailing list is running on:
"unmodified mailman 1:2.1.9-9ubuntu1 install", and the
Tahoe list is using: "2.1.9-4ubuntu1"

Could this be an ubuntu-specific issue?

Thanks,
	Gerrat