[Mailman-Users] Mailman and the Courier MTA

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Fri Jan 30 20:31:52 CET 2009

Over the past few years I've several times submitted
courier-to-mailman.py to various Mailman forums in the hopes that it
might be helpful enough to make it into the contrib section of the
Mailman source tree.  This is basically a modification and update of the
qmail-to-mailman.py script (which is perhaps now obsolete since qmail,
as an MTA, is largely abandoned and unsupported these days), and
provides list-independent support for interfacing the Courier MTA with
mailman lists.

I don't know whether this contribution has been seen and rejected, or
gone unnoticed, or if Courier is considered to be such a minority MTA
that it's not worth considering, or what.

I run Courier on both of FMP's mail servers, along with Mailman, and
this script works very nicely on both of them.  If the Mailman devs have
seen this and decided not to include it I'll forget about it, or offer
it only to the Courier user community.  Once again, though, if it would
be useful and possibly worth distributing with Mailman, I'll re-submit
it if someone will tell me where to post it.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works    |    Accredited
FMP Computer Services |       if you let it" |      by the