[Mailman-Users] bounced addresses stays there

Kirke Johnson kjohnson at pcc.edu
Tue Jan 27 19:44:41 CET 2009

At 08:54 AM 1/27/2009, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>Kirke Johnson wrote:

(-- snip --)

>If bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings is 0, cron/disabled is not involved
>in removing the bouncing member. The member should be removed
>immediately. The fact that you received an unsubscribed notice and the
>subsequent message didn't yield a bounce would seem to say the bogus
>address was in fact removed.
>
>What "membership list" are you looking at? Could it be stale?

I have been refreshing the Membership List in the admin GUI for the list.

>Identical results? You mean the first message bounced and unsubscribed
>the member and the second message wasn't sent (or at least didn't
>bounce)?

The first message bounced and unsubscribed the member, but they did
not go away.
The second message did not bounce as there was already a bounce that day.

(-- snip --)

>Do you by chance have
>
>VERP_PROBES = Yes
>
>(or On or True or 1) in mm_cfg.py? If so, when threshold is reached,
>score is reset and a VERP like probe is sent. If that doesn't bounce
>or if the bounce is not correctly delivered, the member will never be
>removed.

YES! This was the problem - thanks!!  After changing the
configuration, the next test message removed the member very nicely.