[Mailman-Users] moving discarded emails to an archive somewhere

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Wed Jan 21 18:58:37 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 11:01:09AM -0600, Grant Taylor wrote:
> On 01/20/09 23:13, Luke Daly wrote:
> >Hi Guys is there a way to move discarded emails to another list? I
> >have been asked if we can retain the emails that are discarded due
> >to not having perms to send to the list be moved to another list for
> >archiving purposes.
>
> Uh...
>
> I don't know of any mechanism in Mailman, or SMTP for that matter, that
> will provide what you are wanting.  The closest that I can think of is
> using something like a Procmail recipe that will attempt to deliver a
> message in to Mailman and then attempt to deliver the message to your
> ""archive if it fails to deliver the message to Mailman.

How about forward the mails discarded/rejected to admins option, and
thence using procmail/exim sieve/whatever to handle those mails to a new
mbox/mdir/$boss.

(for good measure, i'd let spamassassin's reject bin end up there too,
until i had time to "fix the bug")

Absolutely futile exercise, in my view, though.

--
``Actually, he's a libertarian, which, as near as I can tell,
  is just a Republican who doesn't believe in God.''  (Sarah Vowell)