[Mailman-Users] How to manually get a list of passwords for allmembers to be sent to the administration

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Mon Jan 19 21:07:29 CET 2009

On 01/19/09 13:07, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> The attached passwd.patch.txt file contains a patch to
> bin/list_members to add a "passwords" option which will display the
> passwords.

Hum.  I take it from the fact that the patched version of
bin/list_members can display passwords that the passwords them selves
are stored in reversible encryption.  (I'm presuming that they are
encrypted...)  I do question the feasibility of this.  Though if
security mindedness was used, what the OP is requesting would not be
possible.

> Not with the web admin mass subscribe. or the existing command line
> tools.

Wouldn't it be possible to extend both the web interface and command
line tools to be able to accept some sort of delimited string that
includes the password, something like /etc/password is colon ":"
delimited, or similar.

Grant. . . .