[Mailman-Users] repurposing the -request alias on an autogenerated aliases file?

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Mon Jan 5 20:10:38 CET 2009

Here at work, we've found that mailman's "-request" alias has stomped
another already-existing function (under our previous list, we used that
for administrative requests, and on this particular list, that's not
negotiable -- it needs to duplicate the function of xxx-owner).

However, we're using automatic aliases.  Is there some way to quell or
suppress the creation (or re-creation) of that particular alias (for one
list only), without having to go to manual aliases?

That is to say, if I hand-edited both $mailman/data/aliases and aliases.db
(by rebuilding it from the new aliases file) -- would mailman revert it on
me the next time I created a list?

-Dan Mahoney

--

"Let me tell you something about regrowing your dead wife Lucy, Harry.
It's probably illegal, potentially dangerous, and definitely crazy."

-Harry nods-

Vincent Spano, as Boris in "Creator".