[Mailman-Users] {Disarmed} Re: Automatic bounce processing; listname-bouncesvs. listname-bounces+XXXX

John Wesley Simpson Hibbs john at swajime.com
Sun Jan 4 02:21:48 CET 2009

On Sat, 2009-01-03 at 17:11 -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> John Wesley Simpson Hibbs wrote:
> >
> >I just now appended (per your advise) the following to mm_cfg.py:
> >
> >	VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS = Yes
> >	VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = Yes
> >	VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = Yes
> >
> >I then did "service mailman restart" and sent a test message through.
> >Still no +VERP in the list-bounces at .
>

> I assume you also have
>
> VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1
>
> in mm_cfg.py. That's the important one.
> So it looks like for some reason, Mailman is not VERPing. Assuming you
> do have
>
> VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1
>
> in mm_cfg.py, and it didn't somehow get lost, I don't know what would
> make Mailman behave this way.

That was the culprit... I see my +VERP's now, although they look
somewhat different from what I remember.
Now I see my address in the VERP, where before I saw long numeric
strings.
At any rate, this looks like it's fixed now.
I'll post back when I know for sure.

Thanks very much Mark,

--
John Wesley Simpson Hibbs <john at swajime.com>