[Mailman-Users] Rejecting on size before content-filters

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Jan 4 18:08:35 CET 2009

Bernie Cosell wrote:

>I think I see what to do.  Am I correct that this would work [I'm a Perl
>guy, and I don't know much python at the moment]:
>
>GLOBAL_PIPELINE.remove('SpamDetect')
>GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(GLOBAL_PIPELINE.index('Hold'), 'SpamDetect')

Not quite.

First let me say for the benefit of others reading this, that in
general, moving SpamDetect after Hold is not a good idea. However, in
your case, as described in your immediately prior post, where all your
header_filter_rules actions are 'hold' anyway, I think it's OK.

The lines above won't do what you want. They will move SpamDetect to a
position immediately before Hold. You want it after Hold so you want

GLOBAL_PIPELINE.remove('SpamDetect')
GLOBAL_PIPELINE.insert(GLOBAL_PIPELINE.index('Hold') + 1, 'SpamDetect')

This will make the initial part of GLOBAL_PIPELINE look like

[
    'Approve',
    'Replybot',
    'Moderate',
    'Hold',
    'SpamDetect',
    'MimeDel',

So you will do things in the following order:

1) Detect pre-approved message (Approved: password header)
2) Send any configured Auto-responder responses
3) Process member moderation and non-member actions
4) Process miscellaneous holds (including bounce_matching_headers)
5) Process header_filter_rules
6) Apply Content filtering