[Mailman-Users] John Viega?

Lindsay Haisley fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Thu Feb 19 23:42:42 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 15:55 -0600, Tim Ferguson wrote:
> I've tried all the different TID's and FAQs for the "webinterface not
> activated error" without luck.  Any other ideas or suggestions would
> be appreciated.

It sounds as if you're using a SuSE high-level interface to set up and
test for the presence of, and correct configuration of Mailman.
Generally a somewhat more hands-on approach is required in order to get
Mailman set up right.  Check ~mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py and see if your
domain is listed in an add_virtualhost call.  Do you have apache set up
so that the the mailman directory is a proper alias?  This generally
requires something like:

        ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/usr/lib64/mailman/cgi-bin/"
        <Directory "/usr/lib64/mailman/cgi-bin/">
                AllowOverride None
                Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

plus a couple of other configuration stanzas somewhere in apache's
config file inclusion tree.

The above example is from Gentoo Linux, but something similar will need
to be set up by any distribution which implements Mailman.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Never expect the people who caused a problem
FMP Computer Services |  to solve it." (Albert Einstein)