[Mailman-Users] users in multiple lists

Kærast kaerast at qvox.org
Wed Feb 18 17:11:41 CET 2009

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:59:51 +0100
David LEROUX <elhijo.mgl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a new mailman administrator, first time using it and wondering a
> few things.
> First one is that we manage a bunch of lists, in which same users may
> be in different one
> The result is if we send mails to, for example, three different lists
> with a common user in those lists, this user receive 3 mails,
> normal... But I wonder if there's a way to make that this user
> receive the mail only once.

In 2.1.10 (released April last year) a new Sibling List feature was
added which will handle this.  The changelog reports:

"Added a new 'sibling list' feature to exclude members of
another list from receiving a post from this list if the
other list is in the To: or Cc: of the post or to include
members of the other list if that list is not in the To: or
Cc: of the post (Patch ID 1347962)."