[Mailman-Users] Uncaught Bounce Notification

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Feb 15 03:08:22 CET 2009

Grant Taylor wrote:

>P.S.  I find it interesting that the bounce is eluding to the amount of
>space remaining in the account.  This is (in my experience) extremely
>unusual.

As I read the bounce, it says

Sorry, your intended recipient has too much mail stored
in his mailbox.
Your message totalled  23 Kbytes.
However a small (< 1Kb) message will be delivered should
you wish to inform your recipient you tried to email.

and I interpret that to mean that even though the user is over quota,
the MTA will accept a < 1 KB message to allow you to try to notify the
user of the problem, not that the user is 1 KB below quota.