[Mailman-Users] Content filtering

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Feb 9 18:33:40 CET 2009

Rob wrote:

>Is there any way of having mailman scan message content (not headers)
>and holding a message for review if there is a match in the body of
>the message? We have multiple lists, some of which are specifically
>set up to discuss a particular subject, and users frequently post to
>the wrong list, leading to much confusion and occasional flame-wars. I
>would love to be able to hold those messages and contact the authors
>directly or resend it to the correct list.

There is no configuration facility in Mailman to do this. You would
have to implement a custom handler or equivalent to do this. See the
FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/l4A9> for information on implementing
custom handlers.

A proper implementation would be complex since you would probably want
to implement a new list attribute to specify regexps or the like to
match against the body to hold the message.