[Mailman-Users] Question on Digest E-mails

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Tue Feb 3 19:38:46 CET 2009

On 02/03/09 11:27, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Yes, that appears to be the issue. The Blog is forwarding the message
> to the list as a message/rfc822 part.

*nod*

> I suspect that content filtering is off here. Content filtering is not
> the issue. It is neither helping nor hindering in this case.

Ok...  I did not know where the proper place to add the additional MIME
types was.  Seeing as that was the only place that I saw to set allowed
MIME types / sub-parts, I said there.  Apparently though I had the
correct idea I had the incorrect location.

> As I said. it's not a content filtering issue. If message/rfc822 parts
> were being filtered, they wouldn't be there to be scrubbed for the
> digest.

*nod*  See above.

> message/rfc822 and multipart/digest are not among the defaults for
> pass_mime_types. Arguably, message/rfc822 should be, but there are
> people who don't want 'attached messages' on their lists.

I can see both sides of this.

Question:  If a message is passed as a message/rfc822 attachment, what
happens to it's MIME sub-parts?  Are they filtered too?

> I definitely don't think multipart/digest should be in the defaults
> even though my own mm_cfg.py contains

> I really don't want people posting entire digests to my lists.

Good point.

Grant. . . .