[Mailman-Users] Mailman url points to localhost after ProxyPass

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Feb 1 16:34:50 CET 2009

Jason Dixon wrote:

>So if I load http://www.dixongroup.net/mailman/admin/, it gives me
>results for lists on 127.0.0.1 instead of the hostname.  But all of the
>lists themselves work fine.  And list_lists reports everything correctly
>as you'd expect.
>
>Has anyone overcome this?  Obviously, the desired effect would be that
>Mailman uses HTTP_HOST.  I've messed around with UseCanonicalName on
>both Apache instances but could not get the desired effect.  Any
>suggestions are greatly appreciated.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/lYA9> for background on this.

Mailman does use HTTP_HOST and falls back to SERVER_NAME if HTTP_HOST
is not set in the environment. How are these set in the environment
passed to the Mailman CGIs?

You can show all lists regardless of host by setting

VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = Off

in mm_cfg.py.