[Mailman-Users] Management

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Wed Dec 16 17:08:34 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 03:48:01AM +0100, yellow protoss wrote:
> I have just subscribed for one list, and would like to do fine tuning. I
> would like to change the notification, from daily to instant.

If I'm understanding correctly, "admin_immed_notify" is the variable
you would want to change (from 'no' to 'yes')

> The problem is that the webadmin of our mailing list is not available
> anymore. It was few years ago I guess (simply login/paswd).

'admin_immed_notify' is a setting that can be changed via the admin
pages for your list(s).

If you've not got the admin password, and no-one knows what it is, you
will need to reset the password (or use the site password).

change_pw may be of help -- if you've got shell access to the machine, and
appropriate permissions. If not, the person/organization who hosts the
list will have to reset the password(s) for you.

--
``Every public action which is not customary either is wrong, or, if it is
  right, is a dangerous precedent. It follows that nothing should ever be