[Mailman-Users] web interface permissions ?

Thomas Andrews tandrews at grok.co.za
Tue Dec 1 20:46:44 CET 2009

Mark Sapiro wrote:

> Thomas Andrews wrote:
>> On a newly installed mailman setup, the "Submit All Data" button has no
>> effect in the page "Tend to pending moderator requests". It doesn't
>> matter if I select 'Accept' 'Reject' or 'Discard', the effect is the
>> same - nothing.

> What happens when you click the "Submit All Data" button? does it
> reload the same page or what?

Yes, it was

> If you look at the page source, what is the action url in the form tag?
> Is it correct? Is it something that the web server redirects? Is it
> the same as that on the admin pages except for 'admindb' instead of
> 'admin'?

This gave me the solution. The action url was referring to http://...
but I had apache configured to redirect http to https using

     Redirect 301 / https://bla

Mailman of course didn't know this so it didn't use https://

First I fixed it by turning off the Redirect, and then I re-enabled
Redirect and changed mm_cfg.py's setting of DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN. I had
to run this command for it to take effect:

    /usr/lib/mailman/bin/withlist -l -r fix_url

It seems to be working fine now.

Thanks very much for the help!

-Thomas