[Mailman-Users] web interface permissions ?

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Tue Dec 1 17:37:40 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 08:21:27AM -0800, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> You should run 'check_perms -f' as root until the problems are fixed,
> but there is one caveat. I think the Debian package installs a number
> of symlinks and check_perms doesn't do well with symlinks. It checks
> the ownership and mode of the symlink itself and finds a problem. It
> then tries to fix the problem, but this fixes the target, not the
> symlink. So, it will continue to report problems with the permissions
> of the symlink even though there are really no problems.

It does. I keep meaning to write a patch to fix that, as it annoys me
quite a lot.

The symlinks are part of making the package adhere to Debian Policy,
istr.

One of the PPA packagers is onlist (although maybe the dev list), ISTR.

--
``What the bloody hell is the point of 24-hour rolling news
  if it doesn't carry terrifying-lizard-related news?''