[Mailman-Users] won't let me edit the HTML

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Aug 26 06:12:08 CEST 2009

Bill Catambay wrote:

>I have an update on this.  I was trying to pinpoint exactly what
>"change" caused this, and as I deleted changes, starting with the
>link, I still kept getting the same rejection.  Then I just went to
>edit the page, and made no changes at all, clicked on Submit Changes,
>and it *still* gave me the rejection.  Am I missing something?

The cause is the

    <link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="<mm-favicon>">

line in the base template. This was fixed in Mailman 2.1.12 by
exempting that specific link tag, but in Mailman 2.1.9 through 2.1.11,
the easiest thing is to remove the offending line from your edited
template.

See
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2164798&group_id=103&atid=100103>
for more info on this.