[Mailman-Users] Word Wrap

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Wed Aug 19 09:16:12 CEST 2009

Adrean Clark writes:

 > Word wrap was forced.  The text I pasted was not supposed to have line
 > breaks, it was supposed to fit the width of the mail program.  Plain text
 > usually runs the width of the screen it's on  -- that's what I want, not
 > forced line ends.  Hope I'm making sense.

Are you sending *only* plain text?  I seem to recall an issue where
text could get reformatted in cases where a message had both plain and
HTML parts, and the HTML part was stripped/converted to plain text.
That was due to the external application used to convert.

Still, as Mark says AFAIK there's no code in Mailman to insert line
breaks.  It may be some other software, even a virus scanner or the
like (should not happen, but stuff like that does, sometimes), in the
mail pipeline.