[Mailman-Users] Mailman - a few questions

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Aug 14 05:58:32 CEST 2009

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>Mark Sapiro writes:
> > Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> > >Unfortunately, it looks like things don't work as you need them to,
>
>NB. "As he needs them to" means that the *list moderator* be
>recognized as the *envelope sender*, and the message be approved in
>that case.
>
> > It's somewhat confusing and complicated, but it hasn't changed in a
> > long time.
>
>And won't work for the OP, since envelope sender is always lowest
>priority in the checks.
>
>Just to summarize, since the OP characterizes himself as a "newbie".
>Bottom line, a new feature is needed for his use case.

I don't think so. Moderate.py calls the Message.get_senders() method to
get *all* the addresses from the From: header, envelope sender,
member, the post is from a member.

It is only later, after we decide it's a non-member post that Moderate
calls Message.get_sender() to get the single, first address in From:
and Sender: headers and the envelope sender to match against
*_these_nonmembers.

Thus, if the list moderator's address is the envelope sender and is a
list member, the post is a member post.