[Mailman-Users] Mailman - a few questions

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Aug 14 04:40:41 CEST 2009

Mark Sapiro writes:
 > Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
 >
 > >Bill Catambay writes:
 > >
 > > > My ISP is using Mailman 2.1.11.  Is that the latest?  I'm guessing
 > > > no, since it is currently NOT recognizing the envelope sender.  This
 > > > sounds like one that I'll need to contact my ISP for.

 > >Unfortunately, it looks like things don't work as you need them to,

NB. "As he needs them to" means that the *list moderator* be
recognized as the *envelope sender*, and the message be approved in
that case.

 > It's somewhat confusing and complicated, but it hasn't changed in a
 > long time.

And won't work for the OP, since envelope sender is always lowest
priority in the checks.

Just to summarize, since the OP characterizes himself as a "newbie".
Bottom line, a new feature is needed for his use case.