[Mailman-Users] Approved: password header!

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat Aug 8 00:32:36 CEST 2009

On Aug 7, 2009, at 10:59 AM, Barry Finkel wrote:

> Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
>
>> As a comparison, Launchpad's code review process allows for commands
>> in the body of the message.  It looks for specific commands prepended
>> by a space.  I don't particularly like that approach though because
>> the space can be hard to see.
>
> Would it find a command that is at the beginning of a line (and thus
> not preceeded by a space)?

Sorry, my explanation was incomplete.  Launchpad code review commands
must begin at the start of the line, with a preceding space, e.g.

  review approve
  status approve

I think command messages must also be signed.  Also, there are only a
limited number of email commands available.  In MM3, I plan on
allowing for extensions via a pluggable architecture.

-Barry