[Mailman-Users] Problem with hotmail

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Apr 24 20:15:50 CEST 2009

Jesús Rivas wrote:

>i have a problem delivering email to hotmail, i'm attaching the log:

>Apr 24 12:29:11 evangelizacionactiva postfix/smtp[2260]: ABE81CC8621:
>to=<gabrie
>lavillafue at hotmail.com>, relay=mx2.hotmail.com[65.55.92.136]:25,
>delay=5, delays
>=4.5/0/0.4/0.1, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (host
>mx2.hotmail.com[65.55.92.136] sa
>id: 550 OU-002 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons.
>Reasons
>for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics
>or IP/do
>main reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please
>contact y
>our E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins,
>please visi
>t http://postmaster.live.com for email delivery information and support
>(in repl
>y to MAIL FROM command))
>
>i connect telnet with hotmail port 25 correctly, even i requested to
>join to junk mail program of microsot hotmail
>additional info: we have a dedicated IP and our domain is
>evangelizacionactiva.org.mx with RDNS and SPF record correctly, well we
>think is correct, this issues started 2 week ago.

I sympathize. I've been there myself, but this is not a Mailman issue.
This is something you will ultimately have to resolve with Microsoft
Hotmail/Windows Live Mail.

See the thread "list messages lost to Hotmail subscribers lost"
starting at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2008-June/062112.html>
for some more on this.