[Mailman-Users] How to send moderator email approval

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Fri Apr 10 17:35:12 CEST 2009

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Abdul Javid writes:
>
>  > Is there a setting to let list moderators a notification that a
>  > pending request is approved/rejected.    If there are 3 email ids
>  > in moderators, if one approves, i would like other 2 to know that
>  > the email has been taken care.    please advise thanks Javid
> Why do you want this?  If you need an audit trail so that you know who
> approved each request, or you'd like moderators to get email
> notification so they don't visit the moderation page only to find it
> was updated 20 seconds ago, as Mark says, Mailman provides no such
> feature.

We do this so that when each moderator checks her email, she can tell at
a glance if the pending requests for the day have already been handled
(well, assuming she's got all those types of emails filtered into one
folder).  It's actually fairly handy if you're not talking a list where
there's lots of admins: a quick mail saves another 5 people the trouble
of checking.

We just do it by asking list admins on the many-admin lists to reply to
the "X listname moderator request(s) waiting" mails but change the
-bounces address to -owner.  It's slightly annoying, but not that hard.
  That might work for the original poster's problem too?

  Terri