[Mailman-Users] migrating to new server

Pieter Donche Pieter.Donche at ua.ac.be
Tue Apr 7 15:55:51 CEST 2009

An old server is to be replaced with a new one. The old server
(solaris mailman-2.1.7) runs a couple of mailing lists.
We will keep the same web address and the same e-mail address on
the new server (FreeBSD7 mailman-2.1.11).

In the old server the mailman software ran under a normal user
with everything in the home-dir of that user.
In the new server it needs to be in /usr/local/mailman
(where FreeBSD installs it)

What steps need to be executed to migrate all the mailings lists (archives
memberslists etc...) from the old to the new server?
I have unix root access to both machines.

Is there a step by step document ?

The B.Warsaw GNU Mailman - Installation Manual lacks a section on
migration ...