[Mailman-Users] [-0.5] Re: Soft bounces....

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sun Apr 5 09:10:49 CEST 2009

on 4/3/09 9:34 AM, Charles Gregory said:

> Further to this topic, another suggestion from Yahoo would be to use
> different IP addresses for different classes of mail. Short of running
> the mail on a separate server, I was thinking I might try running a
> separate instance of postfix to send mail from a separate IP. But then
> how would I tell mailman to use *that* instance of postfix?

What do they mean "different classes" of mail?  If you're using postfix,
it should be easy enough to tell it to use a given IP address when
transmitting mail to yahoo.com, and use a different address when
transmitting to anywhere else.

Likewise, if you want to identify different classes of mail and have
them sent through different IP addresses, that should also be possible
-- so long as you can identify what is meant by "different classes" of mail.

--
Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out