[Mailman-Users] Googlegroups vs mailman

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Fri Apr 3 18:18:45 CEST 2009

On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 02:59:00AM +0000, Adam McGreggor wrote:
> (and, my own experience, config'ing a Mailman list is *so* much easier
> (and obvious). Particulary when trying to get a code-repo commit
> messages...)

Oh, and another thing, Mailman is *so* much easier to config allowed
senders (from non-list-members), particularly, when, for example, the
Googlegroups' owner's email address contains an alias, but one can't add
that alias as an authorized-sender (equiv), IME.

(e.g, foo at gmail.com is the owner, and associated to that account is
baa at example.org; sending mail from baa at example.org will cause a
hold-up/moderation note, but one can't add baa at example.org to the group,
as it "already exists" or something of that ilk.)

Wretchedly annoying, particularly on a commits list, for a google-code
project. Bah!

--
``Freedom of the press in Britain means freedom to print such of the
  proprietor's prejudices as the advertisers don't object to.''