[Mailman-Users] Bounce updating

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Apr 3 17:20:40 CEST 2009

Steff Watkins wrote:

>Looking into it a bit further I found that the 'bounce' logfile records
>some (minorly) useful info about what it is doing. Doing a grep on the
>term 'disabled' returns lines such as:
>
>Mar 10 09:00:02 2009 (3577) Notifying disabled member ***@***.org for
>list: somelist

The above log entry is written when a member whose delivery has been
disabled by bounce is sent a warning message by cron/disabled.

>What may be of most use to you however is to modify this grep to match
>the phrase "deleted after
>exhausting notices" which I believe is the error line given when an
>email address goes over its bounce score. This returns lines such as:
>
>Mar 12 09:00:02 2009 (3388) somelist: ******@********.com deleted after
>exhausting notices

Actually, the above log entry is written when the member is removed
from the list which may or may not be at the same time as when the
member's score hits the threshold depending of
bonce_you_are_disabled_warnings.

When a member's score reaches the threshold, the bounce log entry is

Mar 22 12:32:05 2009 (5641) LISTNAME: user at example.com disabling due to
bounce score n.n >= n.n