[Mailman-Users] Moderator and Admin emails not being sent...

Todd Giles todd.giles at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 02:26:05 CEST 2009

I've been debugging this for some time now, multiple google searches, etc...
all to no avail.  I have a mailman list setup and working fine, with the
exception of moderator and admin emails not being sent (at least not
received).  I've narrowed down to one fairly simple test case, that is to
leave an unmoderated email in the list, and then to run the following
command on my server:
% /usr/local/bin/python -S checkdbs

After running this command, my expectation is to get an email sent out
notifying me of the unmoderated email in the list.  I never get this email,
but I do get the following entries in various logs directly after running
that above command:

/var/log/maillog:

Apr  2 18:22:02 gileszone.com sendmail[12438]: n330M2rP012438:
from=<sandia-bounces+sandia-owner=gileszone.com at gileszone.com>, size=990,
class=-60, nrcpts=1, msgid=<mailman.0.1238718120.12361.sandia at gileszone.com>,
proto=ESMTP, relay=gileszone.com [69.36.169.41]
Apr  2 18:22:02 gileszone.com sendmail[12438]: n330M2rP012438:
to="|/home/gileszone/mailman/mail/mailman post sandia", ctladdr=<
sandia-owner at gileszone.com> (2058/0), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00,
mailer=prog, pri=139180, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent

mailman/logs/smtp:

Apr 02 18:22:02 2009 (9073) <mailman.0.1238718120.12361.sandia at gileszone.com>
smtp to sandia for 1 recips, completed in 0.104 second

mailman/logs/vette:

Apr 02 18:22:03 2009 (9071) Message discarded, msgid: <
mailman.0.1238718120.12361.sandia at gileszone.com>

All other mailman logs have no new entries. I've verified many times that
the list owner email address is setup properly (which it is - with a single
entry of this email address).  I'm currently at a loss as to why I'm unable
to get admin and moderator emails sent out to me --- any help would be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-Todd