[Mailman-Users] Moving to a new server

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Sep 25 18:31:14 CEST 2008

Tecru Info wrote:

>Thanks for your help! I am new to mailman.
>I think the bounce variables might have been the issue?
>
>bounce_score_threshold (was set to .7, I set it to 3) Is that better?
>
>bounce_info_stale_after 30
>
>bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings 0
>
>bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings_interval 5
>
>bounce_unrecognized_goes_to_list_owner Yes
>
>bounce_notify_owner_on_disable No
>
>  bounce_notify_owner_on_removal Yes

With bounce_score_threshold <= 1.0 and bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings
= 0, the user will be removed from the list on the first bounce.

With the settings as above and bounce_score_threshold = 3, the user
will be removed after 3 bounces on separate days with no more than 30
days between bounces. If that's what you want, that's OK.

I strongly suggest you set bounce_notify_owner_on_disable = Yes as that
is the only way you will see the actual bounce, and that my help you
understand why the mail is bouncing.

I also suggest you set bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings > 0 so that if
you determine from the disable notification that the bounce is for
some reason you can correct, you can simply correct the problem and
re-enable the user's delivery rather than having to resubscribe the
user.