[Mailman-Users] sync_members problem

Brent Kearney brentk at birs.ca
Fri Sep 19 23:29:34 CEST 2008

Hi,

I found the problem with my data by temporarily adding a
print_("Checking:" ... line to sync_members at around line 209:

     for name, addr in filemembers:
         try:
             print _('Checking: %(addr)1s')
             Utils.ValidateEmail(addr)
         except Errors.EmailAddressError:
             print _('Invalid: %(addr)1s')
             invalid = 1
     if invalid:
         print _('You must fix the preceding invalid addresses first.')
         sys.exit(1)

There was a comma in one of the email addresses, like this:
user at domain,.edu.

So I solved my data problem, but the question remains as to why
add_members didn't fail in the same place.

Cheers,
Brent