[Mailman-Users] sync_members problem

Brent Kearney brentk at birs.ca
Fri Sep 19 23:08:07 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm having a strange problem with the sync_members script on Maiman.
I have a text file with about 8500 emails, one per line, and I've
filtered out whitespace for each email in the file, and checked that
they all have "@".  I can add them to a mail list using "add_members -
r /tmp/file.txt", and they all get subscribed without any errors.
However, if I run sync_members with the same text file, I get the error:

Invalid :                            .edu
You must fix the preceding invalid addresses first.

How can it work with add_members but fail with sync_members? About
3700 of the emails on that list are .edu, and they all look legitimate
to me.  I could remove all members, then add all members each time I
want to sync this list with our dynamic data source, but it would be
nice if sync_members were functional.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brent