[Mailman-Users] membership disabled message

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Oct 29 23:51:53 CET 2008

Ricardo Kleemann wrote:

>One of my lists is the newsletter type, where one person is in charge of doing subs and unsubs.
>
>For this list in particular I don't really care, at all, about sending this disabled message to the users.
>
>In the list config, I set bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings to 0 yet I still see mailman sending out these messages.
>
>how can I completely disable this feature?

What you have done will cause any newly bouncing members to be
immediately unsubscribed when their score reaches the threshold.

Those members who were already disabled when you changed
bounce_you_are_disabled_warnings to 0, will continue to get notices
until they have received the old number of notices because when a
member is disabled, we store the number of remaining notices for that
member and then decrement it with each notice until it reaches zero.