[Mailman-Users] Web link configurations?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Oct 29 17:20:09 CET 2008

David Lane wrote:

> I have modified the mm_cfg.py file with the correct DEFAULT_URL_HOST, but
> the web links keep defaulting to the hostname of the server instead of the
> CNAME (alias) of the site as defined in the mm_cfg.
>
> Where else might mailman be getting the settings from that I haven't checked
> yet?

Keep in mind that a lot of software will re-write hostnames into their
canonical form.  Most MTAs do this by default (based on a certain reading of
the RFCs), and I would not be at all surprised to find that web browsers and
web servers would do the same.

So, the lesson is that before you start blaming anything else, you might
want to try removing the CNAME alias entirely, and set up a plain A record
for that name.