[Mailman-Users] Bounce Processing

Ivan Sanders isanders at tpg.com.au
Mon Oct 13 05:36:50 CEST 2008

G'day guys,

I'm a new Mailman admin, with 11 lists to look after.   The area I want to
tie down is bounce processing.   What I'm looking for, is for every message
which doesn't make it to it's destination (ie mailbox full) for an advice
message to come back to the administrator (which means I need Bounce
Processing to be turned on), but for the user to NOT be marked inactive..

I've tried setting the bounce score up high, but that just means I don't get
notified of a problem (and users are missing messages) - but if I set it to
1, then they get marked inactive straight away

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

Ivan