[Mailman-Users] How do I "merge" mail users?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Oct 8 17:00:12 CEST 2008

AlexanDER Franca wrote:

>I have, for example, four mailing lists: list1, list2, list3 and list4.
>
>And I have a user in list1 AND list2.
>
>So... I want to send a message to list1 and list2, but it's bad in my company to send the same message twice for the same user.
>
>Is there any way to send a message trough multiple lists and ignore users who already "received" the message?

There is a new feature in Mailman 2.1.11 which would allow you for
example to put 'list2' in the regular_exclude_lists attribute of
'list1'. Then a post addressed to both 'list1' and 'list2' will not be
sent from 'list1' to anyone who is a member of both lists.

Prior to 2.1.11, you would have to build a super-list with no duplicate
members and post to that. See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/TIA9>.