[Mailman-Users] Dear "name" field

Zbigniew Szalbot zszalbot at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 18:46:07 CEST 2008

Hi,

> You can enable personalization for the list. If you don't see the
> 'personalize' settings on the Non-digest options list admin page, you
> or your provider need to enable it by putting
>
> OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = Yes
>
> in mm_cfg.py. Then you can put something like
>
> Dear %(user_name)s,

But there is one more issue here, I think. Not every uses signs up by
entering their name. I am not sure but you will probably get

Dear ,

in that case. Also, sometimes users put nicknames like "I hate you"
and the like stuff. You can easily imagine the effect here. ;)

So in other words, if you cannot make sure all users have names in
Mailman database, it may not be worth it.

--
Zbigniew Szalbot