[Mailman-Users] when does logs/post get updated?

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Fri Nov 28 17:54:43 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm having some problems with my lists recently. I see in my mail log
that "mailman post" has been called. However, when I look in the
logs/post file, it's been almost 24 hours since anything has been
written there.

I'm running mailman on Ubuntu Hardy, and another weird thing is that
whenever I stop mailman, it always leaves at least one process hanging
around. I have to forcefully kill it. After I stop it, I still see:

list      3833  0.0  0.4  83076  7540 ?        Ss   08:29
0:00 /usr/bin/python /usr/lib/mailman/bin/mailmanctl -s -q start
list      3842  0.1  2.5 105372 38148 ?        S    08:29
0:01 /usr/bin/python /var/lib/mailman/bin/qrunner
--runner=OutgoingRunner:0:1 -s

Even more strange when I reboot the machine, I'll see 2 entire sets of
mailman processes, almost as if the mailman start had been called twice.

In any case, right now it seems that mailman has stopped accepting
posts. Is there a way to get more debug from mailman when "mailman post"
is called? I don't see any errors, yet I don't see the post log file
updating.

Ricardo