[Mailman-Users] privacy options, SPAM, regex

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 28 17:02:03 CET 2008

Helmut Schneider wrote:

>As far as I can see this patch works great. As a positive side effect, is it
>possible that this patch also affects uncaught bounces? I recieve lots of
>uncaught bounces now where a SPAM-filter was required before the patch.

No. The patch has absolutely no effect on uncaught bounces. Uncaught
bounces are messages sent to a LIST-bounces address that are not
VERPed and are not recognized as DSNs. If spam is sent to a
LIST-bounces address and makes it to Mailman, it will be an
unrecognized bounce. SpamDetect.py and header_filter_rules are not
involved at all in processing mail received at a LIST-bounces address.

Any change you observed in uncaught bounces is just a coincidence.