[Mailman-Users] Moving lists without shell access

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Nov 20 17:48:15 CET 2008

Brad Knowles wrote:

>on 11/18/08 6:36 PM, Scott Race said:
>
>> Is there a way to move lists from one server to another without shell
>> access?  I am able to download the archives from the admin interface,
>> but don't have ssh access.... Thanks!
>
>There's no way to import the archives without using the command-line
>interface.  Not unless you want to re-send those messages to the new
>mailing list from an external system.

Right.

Also, if you are retrieving archives via the web, you want to try to
retrieve the archival .mbox file (if there is one) rather than the
individual, periodic .txt or .txt.gz files. The .mbox has a lot of
information (headers) that isn't in the .txt files.

Try a url like
<http://www.example.com/mailman/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox>.