[Mailman-Users] Issues with sending messages to list

Vikram Goyal tech at craftbits.com
Tue Nov 18 10:59:15 CET 2008

Hi there,

I manage three announcement only lists. I had some issues with the server
they were running on, because of which, I had to restart the server.
However, since starting the server, I can't seem to be able to send any
mails to any of the three lists.

I checked the mail logs (/var/log/maillog), and the following entry was
found for a test message send to the test list:

"Nov 18 01:29:51 ip-XXXXX sendmail[13901]: mAI8ToHD013890:
to="|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post test", ctladdr=<test@****.com>
(8/0), delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=prog, pri=33119, dsn=2.0.0,
stat=Sent"

To me, this means that the mail was sent to the mailman process. (I have
taken out the actual ip address and the domain for privacy reasons).

So, why would the users on the test list not get the messages?

Also, which log messages should I look for and rely on? The var/log/maillog
or the log messages in the mailman directory?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Vikram Goyal