[Mailman-Users] Attachment URL in the archive is mangled.

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Nov 19 05:53:21 CET 2008

on 11/18/08 6:52 PM, Mark Dale said:

> Somehow an "=" gets inserted into the URL (see snippet below), and the
> links returns "Private archive file not found".

That's URL-encoded line folding that is not being properly interpreted
by the recipient.

> If I remove the "=" from the URL, all is well.
>
> Can anyone shed any light on this, and how I might correct things so the
> URL appears correctly (without the "=") in the archive?

Good question.  I'm not sure that this problem can be fixed, short of
fixing the clients to properly understand URL-encoded line folding.

But I do hold out hope that Mark Sapiro or one of the other core
developers can prove me wrong.