[Mailman-Users] "create a new list" web interface

jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu
Fri Nov 14 23:47:08 CET 2008

My maillog shows:

Nov 14 16:43:27 lists postfix/smtp[18085]: 60CE58C0013:
to=<jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu>,
relay=relay.washburnlaw.edu[198.252.9.211]:25, delay=0.18,
delays=0.1/0.02/0.05/0.02, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 Message accepted
for delivery)
Nov 14 16:43:27 lists postfix/qmgr[1858]: 60CE58C0013: removed

When I run genaliases I recieve the following error:

postalias: fatal: open /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases.db: Permission denied
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./genaliases", line 116, in ?
    main()
  File "./genaliases", line 106, in main
    MTA.create(mlist, nolock=True, quiet=quiet)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py", line 232, in create
    _update_maps()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py", line 53, in _update_maps
    raise RuntimeError, msg % (acmd, status, errstr)
RuntimeError: command failed: /usr/sbin/postalias
/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases (status: 1, Operation not permitted)

When I disable my SELinux security I am able to run the genaliases
command successfully but only as root. I only create a few lists a year
so getting this feature is not a high priority but would be nice.  I
also must admit I don't know what you mean by "Postfix virtual domain"

Thanks,