[Mailman-Users] "create a new list" web interface

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Nov 14 23:34:19 CET 2008

jewel.brueggeman-makda at washburn.edu wrote:

>When I add: MTA='Postfix' to my mm_cfg.py file mail stops getting
>delivered.  I don't see anything suspicous in my logs to help.  I
>checked to confirm that the OutgoingRunner hasn't died.  Postfix appears
>to still be livering based on it's logs saying 'sent'.  Anyone else had
>this issue?

What does the postfix log actually say? Does it say "status=sent
(delivered to command: /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post LISTNAME)"
or does it say "status=sent (delivered to mailbox)" or something else?

After adding MTA = 'Postfix' to mm_cfg.py, you have to run Mailman's
bin/genaliases to build the data/aliases and data/aliases.db files.

You also need to add hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases to the
alias_maps list in Postfix's main.cf.

Then you need to remove any mailman aliases from /etc/aliases or
whereever they were before if not /usr/local/mailman/data/aliases, and
run 'postalias /etc/aliases' (or wherever to update the corresponding
.db file.

The above assumes that Mailman's email domain is not a Postfix virtual
domain. If it is, there's more that needs to be done.

Then depending on how you configured mailman, you might run into group
mismatch errors on mail delivery. See the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/tYA9>.