[Mailman-Users] Using mailman on godaddy hosting?

chromatest chromatest at azburners.org
Mon Nov 3 23:20:16 CET 2008

Hi all, I'm really new to both godaddy hosting, and mailman installation.
I've used mailman often as a subscriber, and as a mailing list
administrator.  Recent installs have been on a dedicated linux box, but this
is not an option in this case.  My domain is hosted by godaddy.com and I'd
like to have listserv at mydomain.com.  It's not a very big list, so I'm not
worried about email limits and that stuff.

The major problem that I see is that with my hosting account, I don't get
any sort of telnet or ssh access.

I have "linux economy hosting".

So, the first question is:  Can I install mailman without ssh or telnet
access?

If so, what would be the first couple of steps after uploading the
"mailman-2.1.11.tgz" file via FTP to my domain?

Help please?