[Mailman-Users] Configure Repy-To header for confirmations

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sun Nov 2 14:43:51 CET 2008

Dennis Putnam wrote;

>I am having a problem getting the reply-to header configured for
>confirmations. Due to some email restrictions from my ISP I cannot use
>the default (i.e. list-request at hostname.mydomain.com). Thus when a user
>tries to reply to a confirmation, it bounces (it needs to be
>listreq at mydomain.com).I can't find this in the documentation (probably
>because my reply-to search key word keeps yielding user reply
>information not mailman generated reply-to forms). How to I configure
>the reply-to header for confirmations. Do I need to customize the form
>itself? Thanks.

Can you use list-confirm at ... or does that have to be munged too? If you
can use it, set

VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = Yes

in mm_cfg.py and restart Mailman.

If the list-confirm address is munged too, you will have to modify the
definitions of the getListAddress() and GetConfirmEmail() methods in
Mailman/MailList.py to return the addresses you use.

Also, if you are concerned about the site (mailman) list, you need to
modify the get_site_email() function in Mailman/Utils.py.

If you need help with these mods, post again and indicate which of the
nine list-... addresses need to be munged and to what.