[Mailman-Users] sharing administrator passwords

Thu May 29 13:23:26 CEST 2008

On 5/28/2008, Brad Knowles (brad at python.org) wrote:
> From /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py:
>
> # Normally when a site administrator authenticates to a web page with the site
> # password, they get a cookie which authorizes them as the list admin.  It
> # makes me nervous to hand out site auth cookies because if this cookie is
> # cracked or intercepted, the intruder will have access to every list on the
> # site.  OTOH, it's dang handy to not have to re-authenticate to every list on
> # the site.  Set this value to Yes to allow site admin cookies.
> ALLOW_SITE_ADMIN_COOKIES = No

Sorry, guess I should have looked a little closer... but thanks...

I made the change and restarted mailman, and still have to log into each
list, so I'm guessing this only applies to new lists? I'll have to run a
command to make it apply to existing lists?

--

Best regards,

Charles