[Mailman-Users] sharing administrator passwords

Brad Knowles brad at python.org
Thu May 29 01:28:46 CEST 2008

Charles Marcus wrote:

> Wow, that would come in useful for me... what option is that?

 From /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py:

# Normally when a site administrator authenticates to a web page with the site
# password, they get a cookie which authorizes them as the list admin.  It
# makes me nervous to hand out site auth cookies because if this cookie is
# cracked or intercepted, the intruder will have access to every list on the
# site.  OTOH, it's dang handy to not have to re-authenticate to every list on
# the site.  Set this value to Yes to allow site admin cookies.
ALLOW_SITE_ADMIN_COOKIES = No

--
Brad Knowles <brad at python.org>
Member of the Python.org Postmaster Team & Co-Moderator of the